Why did I get H20 in my tubing?
Condensation is caused by the cooling down of the air flow. Increase tube temperature to help maintain the temperature throughout the system.
When should I replace my supplies
A part’s lifespan depends on your usage frequency, cleaning routine, and whether the part touches your face.
Check your parts regularly for signs of wear and tear. When your CPAP equipment is working at its best, you’ll be able to tell the difference.
And remember, different insurers cover different replacement schedules, so talk to your provider about your coverage and replacement schedule options.
There is air coming out of the front of my mask. Is this normal?
Yes, this is the exhalation port and allows you to get rid of your CO2.
Why is it hard to exhale?
When starting on PAP therapy it will take some time to acclimate to breathing the positive pressure. This is a normal feeling at the beginning.
How do I adjust my humidity level to prevent dryness?
Your machine has the ability to adjust the humidity automatically. If it is inadequate, you can find climate control under your CPAP options and manually adjust the humidity to a level between 0-8. The higher the # the more humidity added.
How do I adjust my masks to prevent leaks.
All masks come with an instruction manual for help adjusting. The vast majority of masks use velcro tightening system to adjust. ALWAYS adjust straps symmetrically to prevent lopsided seal/mask. Lying down, under pressure is the recommended position.
Why is my machine shutting off at night?
- Make sure your therapy device is turned on. If you are experiencing high leak and Smart Start/Stop is turned on, it’s possible the device is stopping due to this. Try turning off Smart Start/Stop.
- Check that the power plug is fully and correctly inserted in the device. When it is correctly inserted, the power button will light up.
- Ensure that no blankets or other objects are covering the power supply unit.
Check whether the filter is blocked. If so, replace the filter.
- Check that the therapy device’s humidifier tub is fully inserted.
- Make sure you’re not using the Start/Stop button to light the LCD during the night, as this will stop your therapy.
- If there’s a message on the screen, follow the instructions to clear the message or contact us.
- Try unplugging the device, then plugging it in again.
- From time to time there may be power disturbances that cause the device to power down. Check to see if there are other devices that may have powered off at the same time (eg, alarm clock).
I’m experiencing a dry throat or nasal congestion while using my device. What are my options?
Talk to your healthcare professional about a nasal decongestant. Nasal allergies and congestion may result in “mouth breathing”’ during the night, which dries the throat and mouth and can negatively affect your sleep apnea therapy. Talk to your doctor to find out if using a nasal decongestant or antihistamine may help alleviate this issue.
Talk to your doctor or equipment supplier about chinstraps. Sometimes, during sleep apnea treatment, people unknowingly open their mouths during the night, resulting in a dry throat and mouth. Using a chinstrap may help keep your mouth closed while you sleep.
Talk to your Respiratory Therapist about switching to a full face mask. Chronic nasal allergies or other nasal problems such as a deviated septum can make breathing through your nose difficult. A full face mask, which lets you breathe through your mouth and nose during the night, could be the answer
Still have questions? Call us
SE HABLA Español
Hours Monday through Friday
9am - 5pm
me gustaría hablar con usted en Español
Opcion numero 4