Frequently Asked Questions
Your Questions Answered
Why did I get H20 in my tubing?
Condensation is caused by the cooling down of the air flow. Increase tube temperature to help maintain the temperature throughout the system.
There is air coming out of the front of my mask. Is this normal?
Yes, this is the exhalation port and allows you to get rid of your CO2.
Why is it hard to exhale?
When starting on PAP therapy it will take some time to acclimate to breathing the positive pressure. This is a normal feeling at the beginning.
How do I adjust my humidity level to prevent dryness?
Your machine has the ability to adjust the humidity automatically. If it is inadequate, you can find climate control under your CPAP options and manually adjust the humidity to a level between 0-8. The higher the # the more humidity added.
How do I adjust my masks to prevent leaks.
All masks come with an instruction manual for help adjusting. The vast majority of masks use velcro tightening system to adjust. ALWAYS adjust straps symmetrically to prevent lopsided seal/mask. Lying down, under pressure is the recommended position.
Why is my machine shutting off at night?
- Make sure your therapy device is turned on. If you are experiencing high leak and Smart Start/Stop is turned on, it’s possible the device is stopping due to this. Try turning off Smart Start/Stop.
- Check that the power plug is fully and correctly inserted in the device. When it is correctly inserted, the power button will light up.
- Ensure that no blankets or other objects are covering the power supply unit.
Check whether the filter is blocked. If so, replace the filter.
- Check that the therapy device’s humidifier tub is fully inserted.
- Make sure you’re not using the Start/Stop button to light the LCD during the night, as this will stop your therapy.
- If there’s a message on the screen, follow the instructions to clear the message or contact us.
- Try unplugging the device, then plugging it in again.
- From time to time there may be power disturbances that cause the device to power down. Check to see if there are other devices that may have powered off at the same time (eg, alarm clock).
I’m experiencing a dry throat or nasal congestion while using my device. What are my options?
Life with sleep apnea
Rewrite your sleep story
How to set up & use your new AirSense™ 10 CPAP machine
How to fit your ResMed CPAP nasal pillows mask
Setting up the SoClean with ResMed AirSense 10
How to fit your ResMed CPAP full face mask
DreamWear Full Face | Adjusting for Leaks
Adjusting mask and tube type on the DreamStation
Respironics DreamStation PAP: Adjusting mask and tube
DreamWear Full Face Introdution video
DreamStation mask fit | Philips | Sleep therapy system
Amara View fitting guide | Philips | Full face mask
Philips Respironics DreamStation PAP: Basic menu navigation
Setting up the SoClean with Respironics System One
Still have questions? Call us.
SE HABLA Español
Hours Monday through Friday
9am – 5pm
me gustaría hablar con usted en Español
Opcion numero 4